 General / 51926
  Re: WARNING: Paypal fraud!

(...) It also helps that some mail programs (Eudora, for example) will actually warn you if a link in an email directs you away from the supposed originating site. That's a good way to spot them. Also, it often helps that these phishing emails are (...) (19 years ago, 23-Oct-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: WARNING: Paypal fraud!

I usually run it through spamcop if I'm not sure, although it is so easy to spot the fakes that it's hardly more than a verification that the email is indeed fraudulent. (19 years ago, 23-Oct-05, to lugnet.general)