 General / 51886
Re: LEGO® Blocked by Best-Lock
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 15:22:44 GMT

Dave Schuler wrote:

Very true.  There are a zillion "Hot Wheels-style" toy car brands not
owned by
Mattel, but Mattel doesn't sue every one of them for infringement.  LEGO
should
take that cue and learn from it.  Investigate possible instances of patent
violation, and prosecute likely violations of patent infringement.  Don't
waste much more time on nebulous "brand dilution" now that the 2x4 brick
and the studs-n-tubes system are in the public domain.

They're not...
In the Netherlands, MegaBlocks started a similair trial, lost and since
sales of Brick, MegaBlocks and the like are illegal in the Netherlands. And
I for one am glad about it, since they're way too close to the real thing
and cause much confusion.
--
Jan-Albert van Ree   | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/