 General / 51706
    What Lego sets use Jigs —Derek Raycraft
   I recently finished building the Death Star II set. In the set is a very simple jig is used to align the panels of the big dish. It consists of four green 2x2 plates that are attached around the edge of the dish. These provide spacing above a flat (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: What Lego sets use Jigs —Calum Tsang
     (...) 8460 Crane Truck, for one: (URL) would have used PICSL, but for some reason page 14 won't load) It's kind of neat to see such a building technique. I always wondered how Lego would pictogrammatically (I made that word up) explain some of the (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

         Re: What Lego sets use Jigs —Derek Raycraft
     (...) Wow, that's the most complex Jig I've seen so far. I was expecting most would be single pieces holding something in place. That's cool. I assume some of those pieces are reused in the final model. Derek (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

        Re: What Lego sets use Jigs —David Koudys
     (...) The new crane had a studless beam construction to make sure the axles are aligned properly for the steering setups. I can't remember if those studless beams were then used in the structure of the crane afterwards--can't remember if I had any (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

         Re: What Lego sets use Jigs —Derek Raycraft
     (...) Ya, I was thinking about my definition was too restrictive. I'm curious about the use of Jigs in sets in general. If the pieces used to make the jig are reused in some other way in the set I'd still consider it a jig worth hearing about. It's (...) (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

        Re: What Lego sets use Jigs —Steve Hassenplug
   (...) I think the 8421 crane does. There are some beams you put on the steering (to keep it straight) but take them off before you're done. Steve (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: What Lego sets use Jigs —Timothy P. Smith
   (...) 8062 does the same thing, to align the front and rear wheel sets. (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)