 General / 51692 (-10)
  Re: What was the first set you bought for parts, and how old were you?

(...) I remember buying the Beach Buggy 8845 because it had suspension springs. I think I was 8 at the time. I had £20 and that was about £13 and the rail tanker 7816 was £6.49. That was in preference to one £20 set because of the parts. It was the (...) (19 years ago, 9-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.fun, FTX)

  Re: And I had to laugh!

Hmmm... I think the "average consumer" (and collectors alike) need to realize the position that LEGO is in. Under American trademark law LEGO must make a continuing effort to distinguish it's trademark. The company is probably posting statements (...) (19 years ago, 9-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  What was the first set you bought for parts, and how old were you?

For me, it was the (URL) 6626 Rescue Helicopter> from 1981, and I was 10. I wanted the rotor-mount because it was unlike anything I had in my small collection up to that point. My mother asked me specifically whether I wanted the set for itself or (...) (19 years ago, 9-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.fun, FTX)

  Custom track available at NWBrickCon!

Hey all, At this year’s NWBrickCon, my first BTW, I will be selling custom track as I did at this year’s BrickFest. However unlike BrickFest, I have taken liberties so that I don’t run out of track again. I will have a large assortment ready to go (...) (19 years ago, 9-Sep-05, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX) !!

  Re: help contacting Brickshelf user

(...) Mike, Thanks for pointing that out. It is curious, and timely. The LUGNET entry for 261-2 shows a brick with 2 VW symbols, and currently on ebay is a partial 307 set with a brick that shows 3 VW symbols. The brick in the 261-2 catalog picture (...) (19 years ago, 9-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  NWBrickCon Pre-Registration Extended!

For all of you who just did't get to the (URL) site> to register yet, we are extending on-line Pre-Registration until Saturday, September 10th. Starting the 11th, the price goes up, and we can't guarantee you'll get all the goodies. Be sure to take (...) (19 years ago, 9-Sep-05, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Re: And I had to laugh!

(...) "protect and preserve a brand"... good grief. I've been saying "LEGOs" since I was 2 - as in "there are LEGOs all over the floor" or "let's play with LEGOs" - and I don't plan on changing any time soon. TLG should be happy that people are (...) (19 years ago, 9-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: And I had to laugh!

Ya know, I have to agree with the comments on this site. The Lego Group should change their name to Sisyphus Inc. if they think that they have a snowball's chance in heck of ever changing the way their average consumer describes their product. (...) (19 years ago, 9-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Okay, maybe not a real MOC, but close enough

(...) Potentially better than: "And wraps up the little tour of my house. Do you like it?" "So what's behind that closed door over there?" <glancing nervously at the door to the Lego room> "Ummmm...... stufffff?!" :-) Spencer (19 years ago, 8-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  And I had to laugh!

Something interesting: (URL) (19 years ago, 8-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact