 General / 51685
Re: And I had to laugh!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 9 Sep 2005 00:00:45 GMT

Ya know, I have to agree with the comments on this site.  The Lego Group
should change their name to Sisyphus Inc. if they think that they have a
snowball's chance in heck of ever changing the way their average consumer
describes their product.  Parents and children have been calling them
"Legos" ever since I can remember, and it's NEVER going to change.  EVER.
Those of us who are more involved in the product know the difference, but
it's as clear as crystal that the average consumer has got much more on
their mind than proper pronounciation of trademarks.

Does this all sound a bit angry?  My apologies.  It's just that I've been to
enough public Lego club meetings in the past years to see the difference
between consumers and fans when it comes to this issue.  TLG really needs to
give this up or find a way to use it to their advantage.

David Simmons