 General / 51683
  And I had to laugh!

Something interesting: (URL) (19 years ago, 8-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: And I had to laugh!

Ya know, I have to agree with the comments on this site. The Lego Group should change their name to Sisyphus Inc. if they think that they have a snowball's chance in heck of ever changing the way their average consumer describes their product. (...) (19 years ago, 9-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: And I had to laugh!

(...) "protect and preserve a brand"... good grief. I've been saying "LEGOs" since I was 2 - as in "there are LEGOs all over the floor" or "let's play with LEGOs" - and I don't plan on changing any time soon. TLG should be happy that people are (...) (19 years ago, 9-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: And I had to laugh!

Hmmm... I think the "average consumer" (and collectors alike) need to realize the position that LEGO is in. Under American trademark law LEGO must make a continuing effort to distinguish it's trademark. The company is probably posting statements (...) (19 years ago, 9-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: And I had to laugh!

(...) Well stated Eric, For me "LEGOS" is like fingernails on a chalkboard. I always find myself correcting folks (politely), by telling them that they are "moiderin' the King's English". Same thing when people use "monies" incorrectly. Gary Istok (...) (19 years ago, 9-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: And I had to laugh!

(...) Well, in the LEGO motherlanguage, Danish, we don't say neither LEGOs nor LEGOer. The normal way in Danish of referring to LEGO in plural is indeed "LEGO klodser", meaning "LEGO bricks". But if you think of the word LEGO as a Latin word instead (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: And I had to laugh!

(...) Fair point, but I don't think the problem is so much that they're protecting their trademark, but with the way they're doing it. The 'Fair Play Policy' page has been up for ages, isn't that enough? Or if not, isn't there a more subtle and/or (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: And I had to laugh!

Maybe we're seeing different redirect pages, but I would hardly call a paragraph that explains the policy clearly, uses the word "sincerely" and signs off with "Thank you," "berating". I, personally, could not think of a more appropriate page that (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)