 General / 5161
Re: Singing, dancing Lego Flower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 22:22:39 GMT

Adam, that is an awesome construction!!! I can't wait to see an mpeg of
it in motion! Just out of curiosity, what did everyone at work say about
the lego? or did most of them already know you liked to play with it?
does the yellow center open and close? or just the outer "leaves"?
Also your lighting looks just fine on the pictures.  Did you use the
flash on the Mavica? I've got one of the older ones, not mpeg capable,
which I haven't played much with.  I'm still using my old Casio QV120..
it's much easier to carry around!

Keep the good ideas rolling!
Tamy

Adam Payne wrote:

After reading the threads on digital photography I ran out and bought
a digital camera (Sony Mavica FD91 lest anyone care), and snapped off
a few quick shots this morning of my singing, dancing Lego flower:
Lego LaFleur.  Once I've created an adequate lighting system, I'll put
up a movie of LaFleur shakng his little flower booty, but for now the
stills, though dark, give an adequate sense of what the model's all
about.

I think this was the first time I've built anything for a contest
(though it wasn't a Lego contest per se), but it did win me a bunch of
(non ABS) flowers!

Take a look, if you'd like, at:
http://underworld.fortunecity.com/adventure/172/lego/flower/

Adam