 General / 51460
Re: Have '87 Catalog with many alternate/different set names
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:45:21 GMT

Yes!  #6682 Cement Mixer is callde "Cement-mixer lorry."  Do you know anyone
or any website that would be interested in this information?  I like to keep
old catalogs, but I'd be happy to donate this one if it can be used for more
than just my own nostalgia!

Dave S.

Hey Dave,

I don't have that catalog, but I think I know what you have.  You probably
have
a British or Australian Lego catalog.  In the earlier days of Lego, most
catalogs were printed in either Denmark or Germany.  The "storey" and
"centre"
are sort of a giveaway.  Is there any mention of a truck being referred as
"lorry"?  That would be another indication.

When Lego first came to Britain in 1960, USA in 1961, and Australia and
Canada
in 1962, practically all the Lego catalogs were produced in Germany or
Denmark.
And this continued that way for decades.  Ditto for the rest of Europe.

Gary Istok