 General / 51142
51141  |  51143
Subject:
Very Rare Canadian Only Plates?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 21:28:32 GMT

A while ago I came across an unusual item on Eric Strand's awesome Brickshelf
gallery.  He has an excellent collection of old department store gift catalogs
with Lego.  In a 1967 Eaton's catalog (Eaton's is a large Canadian department
store) there was a 2x4 waffle bottom plate, which I had never seen before.  The
part is right below the rear wheel of the Firetruck model:

I have never seen one of these in the USA, and I was wondering if any Canadian
AFOL's has ever come across a 2x4 (or even a 2x3, 2x2 and 1x2) waffle bottom
plates?  These would have been made circa 1963-72, if they were indeed actually
produced.

Thanks,
Gary Istok

P.S.  Waffle bottom plates exist in quantity in USA/Canada in sizes 2x8, 4x8,
4x8 curved, and 6x8.  But the smaller sizes are the unknowns!