 General / 51143
Re: Seeking Musician or digital musician for DVD Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 21:37:56 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Todd Thuma wrote:
Are you musically talented with digital music or keyboards?

I need one or more people to create Acid Music Loops, Smartsound loops, or other
for a DVD project associated with BrickFest 2005. Essentially, I need
instrumental pieces of a variety of music sytles that can be added to a slide
show of images and placed on a DVD.

What do I mean by music styles? Well, for the slides showing off Castle MOCs I
am thinking about freudal or baroque. Think Renasaince Festival with sitars,
flutes, violin, etc. and you get the basic idea. For Technic MOCs I am thinking
inductrial, techno-beat, or fun stuff like Devo's "Working in a cool mine."
Basically something that goes with technical, industrial stuff. For Space or
Moonbase think sci-fi music.

There are lots of different categories and you might only be interested in one
or more. I need the music to be royalty free and we can talk a reasonable price
for each track. I am interested in nothing more than 5 minutes and self-produced
music of recognizeable songs are incouraged. That means if you can play a song
from your ear or you can re-produce it on the computer with different
instruments then good. Think elevator music of popular songs and you get the
idea. Please NO bubble-POP stuff like Brittney Spears or Jessica Simpson.

I will also need short loops that can play during the Menu Screens on the DVD.

You will also receive a free BrickFest 2005 Commemorative DVD highlighting and
showing off as much stuff as can be crammed into a DVD with music (the part
where you come in).

I am open to suggestions and any input anyone can provide, so please, DO NOT BE
SHY! You will receive credit for your work and a great big hug from me. If I
can't see you in person the hug will be virtual!

Post here or contact me directly.

DVD.NOSPAM.@toddthuma.info

Thanks for your attention. We return you to your bricks!

Todd

Todd,

I at one time used to write techno tracks and have some songs that *may* be
appropriate for your needs. I, however, will not be able to come to Brickfest
this year (NMRA commitments overruled that), but could possible bring a CD for
you to listen to at the Cincy show next weekend. All music is totally original,
so no copyright problems.

-Jeramy