 General / 51004
    Re: Musings on an open-source Brickshelf replacement —Wayne McCaul
   Oh, that's freakish. I was just thinking that maybe it could work like iPodder or other aggregators. Where you'd upload a simple XML file that contains all the details of your content. Your pics would be hosted on your own site, but there could be a (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Musings on an open-source Brickshelf replacement —Joe Strout
   (...) Hmm, that's an interesting idea. So basically, your own site would contain your images plus an XML file that provides metadata for them (description, keywords, category, etc.). You'd register the URL of your XML file with the central server (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Musings on an open-source Brickshelf replacement —Eric Kingsley
   (...) For simplicities sake this type of stuff already exists all that would have to be done is the aggregator part. NELUG uses an open source product called Gallery... (URL) allows our members to host image galleries on NELUG.org... (URL) of this (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Musings on an open-source Brickshelf replacement —Joe Strout
   (...) quick browsing of the Gallery web site, it looks like v2 doesn't yet support the RSS feed (though some people are working on it). I also note that the RSS feed doesn't seem to include any useful descriptions or keywords. I don't know whether (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Musings on an open-source Brickshelf replacement —Eric Kingsley
   (...) Well our Gallery installation is "out of the box" so to speek. Unlike the forums and blog software the Gallery is just the standard software and that feed is generated by our site so I guess I don't know what they mean by the fact that it (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)