 General / 50783
  Re: Your chance to win a Death Star

(...) How exactly are you going to do that? To take the survey, I had to pick a nickname and a password. That's it. No email address, no snailmail address, I wasn't even asked for my real name! So how, exactly, are you going to ship me my prize if I (...) (19 years ago, 13-May-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Your chance to win a Death Star

(...) Well, you may want to go back. I just started an account, and it asked for both my real name and an email address. No nickname. They must have realized what you realized. John (19 years ago, 14-May-05, to lugnet.general)

"Joe Strout" <joe@strout.net> wrote in message news:IGG74z.x7@lugnet.com... (...) Hi Joe, This is all to do with the date of birth you specified when you signed up. If you are under 14, the LEGOFan site will not collect your email address, just a (...) (19 years ago, 14-May-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Your chance to win a Death Star

OK, I went back and created a new account, and think I see what happened. The very first page you see when you do this has nothing on it but a year-of-birth pop-up, and a "Proceed" link. I was eager to take the survey and skimming quickly, and I (...) (19 years ago, 14-May-05, to lugnet.general)