 General / 50776
  Original vs. Copy: Printed Lego Items

I received a 1964 Danish catalog from a European collector recently. Since I got if for free (after buying some other items), I thought it was great. The one sheet (two sided) catalog is in such great condition, I was wondering if it wasn't a (...) (19 years ago, 13-May-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Original vs. Copy: Printed Lego Items

(...) Depends on the copier. Most cheaper modern copiers use a digital printer-style engine to generate the copies, so you will see the pixelation at high magnification. However older ones transferred the image non-digitally, and many newer (...) (19 years ago, 13-May-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Original vs. Copy: Printed Lego Items

(...) Oooops, just realised the catalog is probably colour, and all colour copiers are digital (AFAIK). So yes, you can probably tell with enough magnification. ROSCO (19 years ago, 13-May-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Original vs. Copy: Printed Lego Items

(...) I'm pretty sure there are non-digital color copiers. I have a color photocopy hanging in my office that was made at least 20 years ago, and with the tools available here in the office, I can't see any pixelation. I guess it could be digitial, (...) (19 years ago, 16-May-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Original vs. Copy: Printed Lego Items

(...) Oh, and that suggests a way to identify a copy. If it's waxy, it's almost certainly a copy. Frank (19 years ago, 16-May-05, to lugnet.general)