 General / 50776
50775  |  50777
Subject:
Original vs. Copy: Printed Lego Items
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 13 May 2005 01:38:15 GMT

I received a 1964 Danish catalog from a European collector recently.  Since I
got if for free (after buying some other items), I thought it was great.  The
one sheet (two sided) catalog is in such great condition, I was wondering if it
wasn't a photocopy. (It seemed more like copier paper than old Lego catalog
paper.) I know that scanned items can be detected as copies by looking at the
items with a powerful magnifying glass, and seeing the dots or pixels.  But I am
not familiar with photocopied items.  Do they too have those "dots" when
magnified like scans off a dot matrix printer?

And while I'm on the topic, just many years back do the Lego copyrights extend?

Just wondering.

Gary Istok

P.S.  Here is an example of that very catalog (on EBAY):

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13320&item=5973302320&rd=1