 General / 50705
Re: Lego Buildings with 4 Walls
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 1 May 2005 09:05:30 GMT

4 walls was done before, see US set 560 or it's european 376 version.
As for abandoning the minifig, that's the reason kids like town, it allows
them to recreate things in everyday life. It's such a strong part of the
brand recognition I very much doubt they'll mess with that.

As for parts in rare colors: the classic 2*2 window had not been produced in
quite a while in white when the S@H bulk pack came out so I don't think
your reasoning behind no black version is 100% accurate.

And last reg. road plates : using 6-wide cars I'd say they pretty much mimic
European style narrow roads as found in older cities.

As for the set, it's pretty decent looking, specially for a Billund design
and quite refreshing after years of junior stuff. And don't forget, adding
more types of parts would drive up cost even more (easier to add a few more
similair bricks than adding some more different bricks due to logistics)
--
Jan-Albert van Ree   | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/