 General / 50677
  Am I the only one who hates Lego parts with missing notches of plastic?

I was looking thru a bunch of old 1950's macaroni bricks I purchased recently from a Danish collector. The macaroni bricks were first introduced in 1955. From 1955-57 they came in 4 different types, after 1957 only the type we know today continued (...) (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.parts)

  Re: Am I the only one who hates Lego parts with missing notches of plastic?

One way which TLG could go forward on this would be to place a studlet (partial stud) on the top of the macaroni bricks, that fits quite snug into the notch. You would then end up with an effect like the 2x2 round bricks stacked. This would give a (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.parts)

  Re: Am I the only one who hates Lego parts with missing notches of plastic?

(...) snip (...) I don't have very many macaroni bricks, so I'm not running into issues with the notch in that part. However, with other parts that have a notch, like: [LDrawPart 30151:15] [LDrawPart 3941:15] [LDrawPart 6222:15] [LDrawPart 2462:15] (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.parts, FTX)

  Re: Am I the only one who hates Lego parts with missing notches of plastic?

(...) Wouldn't that studlet prevent the macaroni brick from attaching to, say, a 4x4 plate from beneath? By the way, what's the deal with your message format? Your name doesn't appear in the "Message has 2 Replies" section, and when I replied to (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.parts)

  Re: Am I the only one who hates Lego parts with missing notches of plastic?

The studlet would hopefully be well designed that it was still a partial stud, and still be able to connect upwards to a plate from underneath - it would basically be the intersection of a normall stud, and the outer curvature of the macaroni (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.parts)