 Parts / 161
Re: Am I the only one who hates Lego parts with missing notches of plastic?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts
Date:
Thu, 28 Apr 2005 12:00:34 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
   I was looking thru a bunch of old 1950’s macaroni bricks I purchased recently from a Danish collector. The macaroni bricks were first introduced in 1955. From 1955-57 they came in 4 different types, after 1957 only the type we know today continued production. The 4 types were: the 1/2 circle macaroni bricks with and without the missing notches (2 per brick) of plastic, and the 1/4 circle macaroni bricks with and without the missing notch (only 1 per brick) of plastic.

snip

   Do any other of you folks find building with parts that have these missing notches of plastic annoying?

I don’t have very many macaroni bricks, so I’m not running into issues with the notch in that part. However, with other parts that have a notch, like:

Don’t bother me at all. In fact, I prefer that those parts are notched. It increases their flexibility.

Jason Spears | House of Bricks | BrickCentral | MichLUG | CLB