 General / 50649
50648  |  50650
Subject:
Want list generator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:25:55 GMT

Hi!

Pedro Silva and I have briefly discussed this.

He sent me a list with parts he want - mostly with ldraw part numbers. And there
are 500 of them. A lot.

So I was thinking about using lugnet's partsref to see the parts as pictures,
create a small programme which would give me a html file - and then the idea hit
me:

A programme, where one can enter items, which one seeks, and the programme will
generate a wantlist in HTML, which be saved - sent by mail, as the links to
lugnet will remain, or it can be put on the Internet.
IT is easier to trade, when there is a picture one can relate to.

Some idea:
1) I would scan lugnets partsref for names and add them to a file, for easy
search
2) It could use ldraw's dat files if present.
3) it would have a list for trade & want.
4) it would generate a HMTL file in table format with the following options:
a) picture
b) part number
c) part name
d) amount
e) colour
5) a search function
6) somehow an option to select the output as one might want.

Any ideas?