 General / 5056
Re: looking for windows, 8 1x4x2 red, 3 1x3x2 red
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 13:51:20 GMT

Chris Dee wrote:

In lugnet.general, Gary R. Istok writes:

Jeff Johnston wrote:

(brought over from lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

Christopher Masi wrote:

I am looking for windows. The windows are 1 stud wide, 4 studs long, and
2 bricks high; and 1 stud wide, 3 studs long, and 2 bricks high. Red
frames with clear glass. I have no idea what I would trade for them, but
I you have these windows please let me know.

How odd...I was just going to ask about these pieces.  I've got 12 of the
4-wide window with glass, 2 of the 3-wide, 10 of the 2-wide, and 6 doors
that seem to go with them: 4 high, 3 wide, red frame, blue door with glass.

I also have 3 of the smaller white doors (3 high, 2 wide, doesn't actually
open) and 1 of the 2x2 white windows.

I know these are pretty old, but how old are they?  And how in demand are
they?

OK, lets start with the 1x3x4 doors.  They were made from circa 1973-79.  They
went along with the minifig "stiff"s of the time (the predecessor to today's
minifigs).  There is not a lot of demand for these doors.  In my opinion they
look too much like windows.

The 1x2x3 doors were made from 1950's to circa 1976.  They were the classic
doors, and no minifigs were associated with them.  Since they are much smaller
than the minifig scale, LEGO builders today don't use these too often.  So
there is not a lot of demand for these either.

The 1x4x2 and 1x3x2 windows have been made from the 1950's to the 1980's.
These are no longer made, but can be used in buildings with the minifig scale
(1 door = 5 bricks high).  So there is a demand for these.

The 1x2x2 windows are the only one of the classic era windows (1950's-70's)
that are still in production today.  There is always a demand for these.

My 2 cents worth.

Gary Istok

P.S.  Since I build only in the classic era scale, I am always interested in
buying any classic era 1x2x3 doors.

What is the relative scarcity of the various colours. Red seems to be the
commonest, but how desirable is white (1x2x2, 1x3x2, 1x4x2, 1x2x3) or yellow
(1x2x2) and what about the red (1x6x2 - two types).

Chris

A good question Chris.  Rather than repeat myself, here are the 2 DejaNews posts
that you can go to for more info.  I put them onto RTL sometime last year.  It kind
of goes into depth on all the classic windows and doors, and the relative scarcity
of certain colors.

http://x10.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?AN=392187525&CONTEXT=907128958.1321140661&hitnum=11

http://x10.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?AN=393374372&CONTEXT=907129288.1392574708&hitnum=11

Hope you find it useful,