 General / 50468
50467  |  50469
Subject:
Esoteric Lego history question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 10 Apr 2005 01:41:17 GMT

Expert Lego historians:

I have a rather esoteric question that I have been unable to answer
despite rather extensive searching.

Tracing the ownership of Lego by the Kirk Christiansens we have
Ole who had several children, including Godtfred, who, as we know,
assumed the company. Does anyone know the names of his other
children? Were they connected with the company?

Godtfred had 3 children, a boy Kjeld, and 2 girls, Gunhild and another
who died in an auto accident> Does anyone know the name of the other
girl and when she died? Early boxes show Kjeld in a white shirt and in
some cases Kjeld and 2 girls, were these his sisters?

BTW: This is probably common knowledge to eveyone but Me. The lego
patents, trademarks, etc are not owned by The Lego Group but by a
Swiss holding company named Kirkbi AG (and it just changed its name
to something else last year.) Lego is required to make sizeable royalty
payments to the holding company. The holding company is owned in  its
entirely by Kjeld and Gunhild. Play Well!

--Jim