 General / 50308
    Cool new Lego sculptures at ToysRUs.... Wait a minute, is that?!?!? —Bill Vollbrecht
   Hello all! I just got back from a business trip to Ney York, where I just finished a HUGE commision for a family in Long Island. Had some extra time so I decided to check out the Toys R Us Megastore in Times Square (among other touristy stuff). I, (...) (19 years ago, 9-Mar-05, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Cool new Lego sculptures at ToysRUs.... Wait a minute, is that?!?!? —Erik Olson
   (...) Nice photo. The warrior is new style, but that TRU had a life-size bronze knight sculpture from the first wave of Dragons (2002). When I saw it, my first thought was: just like Lego, they've built it entirely from parts that have never been (...) (19 years ago, 10-Mar-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

        Re: Cool new Lego sculptures at ToysRUs.... Wait a minute, is that?!?!? —Dave Schuler
     (...) Was it this one by any chance? (URL) can't tell from the picture what the non-released parts might be, but I'll take your word for it. I was in NYC in February 2002 but I can't remember the displays all that well. A big dragon is the only (...) (19 years ago, 10-Mar-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

        Re: Cool new Lego sculptures at ToysRUs.... Wait a minute, is that?!?!? —Bill Vollbrecht
   (...) Well, I can't speak with any certainty of Mega Blocks parts, since I have NO idea what they make one way or the other.... But I CAN tell you that Lego doesn't use non standard parts (well, not anymore). The last year I was at the park, the (...) (19 years ago, 10-Mar-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)