 General / 49992
Re: Removing "dots" from baseplates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2005 00:40:46 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mike Kollross wrote:
I have some of the 48x48 green baseplates with the soccer field white dots.  Has
anyone had luck removing the dots from baseplates.  Normally the dots make it a
rare item and removing the dots is bad.  The soccer plates I got a reasonable
price and would like plain green 48 x 48 baseplates much more.

I have tried brasso with limited success.

Mike

Paint stores sell a product called 'Goof Off'. Really!. It removes paint from
all kinds of surfaces, without harming anything. I've used it on carpet, and on
various kinds of floor surfaces.

***I've never tried it on ABS, use a less-valuable test piece first.***

Tim (Smith)