 General / 49752
49751  |  49753
Subject:
The Lego Logo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 2004 20:06:33 GMT

I was reading a thread on lugnet.lego about someone using the word "LEGO" in
their domain name.  Then I went and read the rules Lego has about using their
trademark names.

It stated that the Lego Logo could not be used in a website.  But that made me
curious.... their logo is plastered all over Lego boxes and brochures.  Would it
be OK to display the corner of a Lego box that displays the logo?  I realize
that it probably has more to do with how it is displayed, but I was just
wondering.  I have some old 60's Lego flags with the old Lego logo on it.  I
could see displaying them perhaps on every page of a website.  But I bet that
there are a lot of gray areas (oops, sorry I didn't mean to say "gray" ;-) to
this one.  Just wondering (and besides no one has posted to lugnet.general in a
while).  I was also wondering about using the word "LEGO" in the title of my CD,
in conjunction with the word "unofficial", and of course use the disclaimer.

So many rules, so many unintended ways to break them.....

Gary Istok