 General / 49680
Re: Set #271 Policemen
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 2004 01:29:38 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:

   I did forget one additional thing about the #271 sets. There was also a #1271 set. This was the same set. From 1955-58 Denmark, Sweden and Norway had their own numbering system for Lego sets and Lego spare parts packs that had an extra “1” at the beginning of the set number. Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland and Austria had the 3 digit set/pack numbers (ditto for Italy and France). That is why you will find #310 Esso Station as well as #1310. Starting in 1958 TLG started to use the central European numbering system (#271, #310, etc) for all countries.

...snip...

Hi Gary,
thanx for the additional infos.
In one point I cannot agree to you by my current knowledge:
The extra “1” was also used for sets in Germany.
In an old German catalog sheet from 1957 (Jan Beyer from TLC got the date from the Billund archive)
there are listed the sets #1307 and #1308.
In 1958 they changed the numbers to without the “1”.
You may have a look here:
http://festum.de/1000steine/myimages/album225/57de2_02
Regards Ronald