 General / 49611
49610  |  49612
Subject:
How LEGO FACTORY can stimulate AFOL interest (and sales).
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 04:47:17 GMT

I was looking at the Lego Factory site yesterday.  And like some other AFOLs I
was rather disappointed with the Micro Lego scale.  I don't care much for those
1x1 headlights (or pigeon holes as I like to call them) used as windows.  It is
too bad that the old classic 1x1x1 Lego window molds have been retired.

But I was thinking that maybe we might get something out of this (sort of
manipulate the system, so to speak).  Since I am too busy (on the CD) to
download and try it out, I have a few questions about it:

Are these in the Factory palette?

All 12 different regular sloped bricks.
The steep slope 1x2x3, 2x2x3, 2x2x3 double convex, & 2x2x2 quadruple convex?
Low slope 3x3 double convex.
4x4 round corner wedge bricks.

The reason I am asking this is because if some of these pieces are in the design
in colors not yet available, it will garner more votes.

For example, I think one of the inspiration buildings has 4x4 rounded corner
bricks in trans-black.  If this piece can be generated in clear, then that would
certainly affect my vote.  Ditto if a building was built with some regular
sloped 2x2 outside corner bricks in trans-clear.  Or steep 2x2x3 outside corner
slopes in gray (old or new) or white, or low sloped 3x3 outside corner slopes in
trans-clear or white.

This may go against the spirit of the competition, but if I found one of these
winning sets with the 2x2 trans-clear outside corner slopes, you better believe
I will be getting everyone in my family to vote. (Everyone has zillions of the
2x2 trans clear regular slopes, it would be great for town, train or space
Systems to be able to build complete trains-clear pyramids (skylights for town
and train, biospheres for space). Ditto for those 4x4 round corner wedge bricks
in trans clear (make for some great Art Deco style glass block windows that
curve around the corner).

Given the right parts in a winning set, I would definitely buy them by the
dozen!  Perhaps competition contestants could publicize the rare parts that
their design has.

Again, this may goes against the spirit of the competition, but it would
generate sales among AFOLs.

Gary Istok

A Lego Addict since 1960.