 General / 49422
Re: Lugnet, Peeron, Brickshelf, Bricklink in upcoming Lego CD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 2004 21:59:42 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
And yes, there will even be an entry for the very rare gold (30 produced)
and platinum (1 produced) Bionicle masks!

What about the sterling silver and white metal Krana-Kal?  The silver version is
far less common, and use a slightly altered mold with rounded tips at the upper
end of the mask.  The white metal (think gaming miniatures) version was produced
in sizable numbers when their original plan of releasing vac-metalized
hard-plastic copies didn't come together quite as planned (those, and the
non-chromed light-grey blanks were released later in the year through the Proto
Squad and the BIONICLE summer van tour), but the tips were deemed unsafe for
children, so every single one of the tips were smashed flat, resulting in the
sort of mushroom cap you get when a metal post has been hammered too many times.