 General / 49298
    Scale —Gary Tabener
   Does anyone know the scale of LEGO figures, both Minifig and Technic, compared to that of real life? Where they originally designed to scale or was it a case of hmmm that size will do? Many thanks. Gaz. (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Scale —Gerhard R. Istok
     (...) Gaz, this won't be exact, but it might help. The Lego scale used for the classic era (1957-72) had Lego cars and trucks that were 1:87 scale. The classic Lego door was 3 bricks tall, and the modern Lego door is 5 or 6 brick tall. That would (...) (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Scale —Allan Bedford
     (...) For what it's worth, here's how I arrive at a scale for minifig buildings, vehicles etc. To make things simple I assume the average minifig would be 6 feet tall (1) if brought to life. i.e. that the minifig _represents_ a being that is around (...) (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Scale —Allister McLaren
     (...) Minifigs have an exaggerated scale compared to the avergage human. However, the generally accepted 'standard' for minifig scale is usually stated as 1 stud= 1 foot, or 1:38.1. Personally, I think guaging a scale of the figure is a mistake in (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Scale —Ross Crawford
   (...) Well as the dimensions of a minifig are nowhere near proportional to a human, it's difficult to get an exact scale. I've seen scales ranging from 1:40 to 1:60 look ok with them, I think most people tend to scale in the low 40s if they're (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.general)