 General / 4924
Re: New Layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 06:36:15 GMT

In lugnet.general, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) writes:
In lugnet.general, Greg Majewski writes:
Hello,
I think that the new layout for the main Lugnet page is very nice.
However, I feel that it is too difficult to use the discussion groups
now.  It took me ten minutes to figure out how to view current and
past messages.

Greg, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "how to view."  What was it
exactly that you finally realized needed to be done (what was they key
to unlock the secret?) and how might it be improved to be less confusing?

Greg:  Given what others have said, I'm guessing you meant that it took a
while to figure out that the little square boxes were what you needed to
click on to pop up an article.

Check it out again now, if you would -- the subject lines of the messages
are now clickable as well.  This is, to paraphrase something Mike Stanley
said, how people have been conditioned to pull up messages -- by clicking on
the subject.

It is also very hard to figure out which messages you have already read.

Do you think it would help if the VLINK color was purple instead of dark
blue?

OK, how does it work for you now?  The LINK and VLINK colors are now left
undefined in the new pages, which means that your browser's settings
(whatever they happen to be) will be used.

--Todd