 General / 49138
Re: Beware: Lego's Turkey is a Turkey!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 02:15:05 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tom Reed wrote:
I'm really mad at Lego right now!  I just bought 10 sets of their seasonal set
"Turkey" #10090 and what I got isn't what they pictured on their website!  I
feel cheated!
If you go and look at the picture of the turkey you will see that the wings of
the bird are brown 2x2 flag pieces!  I was all excited about getting these parts
in brown (even if it's the new brown, which it's not, by the way)!  I was
looking forward to having them for my pirate ships!
Well, guess what?  I got the packages and when I was checking them out, I
discovered that the set doesn't come with the flag parts, but 2x3 sloped plates
(part #43723) instead.  The picture with the instructions show a bird with the
different wings than the picture posted on the Lego.com website!
From looking at the pictures and comparing them, I believe the wings are the
only part that is different.  What's maddening is that they had to use two parts
per wing to replace the flag parts.  They had to use an added 1x1 plate with
vertical clip to get the sloped plate to attach!
"Darn It!"  "Lego, I want my brown flag pieces!"
I hope nobody else gets taken this way!
Tom
ps - It's still a nice little selection of brown slopes (including some 2x2
corner roof slopes), etc. in the old brown!  And I have to agree that the bird
looks better with the slopes than the flag for wings, BUT that doesn't help my
feelings ONE bit! bah!

That's funny - I was looking forward to the Turkey being available again so I
could get the 2x3 wedge plates, and I was disappointed when I saw the picture
with flags for wings in the catalog.

One man's trash...

Marc Nelson Jr.