 General / 49137
Re: Beware: Lego's Turkey is a Turkey!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 23:43:45 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark Papenfuss wrote:
In lugnet.general, Tom Reed wrote:
In lugnet.general, Tom Reed wrote:
I'm really mad at Lego right now!  I just bought 10 sets of their seasonal set
"Turkey" #10090 and what I got isn't what they pictured on their website!  I
feel cheated!
If you go and look at the picture of the turkey you will see that the wings of
the bird are brown 2x2 flag pieces!  I was all excited about getting these parts
in brown (even if it's the new brown, which it's not, by the way)!  I was
looking forward to having them for my pirate ships!
Well, guess what?  I got the packages and when I was checking them out, I
discovered that the set doesn't come with the flag parts, but 2x3 sloped plates
(part #43723) instead.  The picture with the instructions show a bird with the
different wings than the picture posted on the Lego.com website! • -SNIP-
regards,
Tom

It was like that last year when I got it --

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?S=10090-1

Mark P
LoB
Thanks Mark, I should have checked better before I bought it!  You'd think they
would fix the picture on their website by now! <sigh>
Tom