 General / 48605
Re: Been away for 3 years, asking a lot of questions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 01:38:20 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark & Milissa Millère <MMillere@Knology.net> wrote:

Hi Gary,

I will answer a few.....

Welcome back BTW.

Thanx,

Mark Millere
Visit Milissa's Lego™ Store, Millere's Spares™
http://www.MilleresSpares.com

Like where do the BrickLink folks get their parts?  I assume that
they get much
of it directly from TLG.  Otherwise how could one come across so
many particular
parts in such rare colors such as MAERSK blue.

Most of Our parts come from clearance sales, some from the LLCA tent sales.
The MAERSK Blue.... *I* got REALLY lucky :-D

Also who "owns" BrickLink and Peeron?

BL is owned by Dan Jezek....Oops...Admin.;-)

Peeron is a service to the community owned by Dan and Jen Boger.

And how many AFOL's are there in LUGNET?

A lot!

Thanks Mark,

Deja Vu.... I was looking at your store this afternoon, and saw the Maersk blue
trove of goodies. :-)  I was checking Peeron to see what colors the 2x10 bricks
came in, and Mark, your store hit the jackpot in Maersk blue, hence my interest.
(I'll be visiting again, heh heh)

The reason I was looking at the 2x10 bricks was to see if they showed the 2x10
in clear.  I have 3 of these very rare bricks.  They are unknown in Europe, and
only came out in a few of the late 1960's Samsonite sets in USA/Canada.  They
have the modern Lego font on the studs, and may have been leftovers from
promotional uses in the 60's.  These are not shown in Peeron, but that is
because they are virtually unknown to everyone.

What really got me wondering earlier this month was a Danish store owner who had
something like 550 double concave regular slopes in white!!!  Until they came
out in the Harry Potter Shriek Shack, the last time they were produced was about
a quarter century ago in 3 sets (2 of which are the same set, just different
numbers).  I remember feeling how lucky I was to get 4 of these rare slopes
about 15 years ago.

Anyway, I just loooooove Bricklink and Peeron.  They're great!

Gary Istok