 General / 48604
Re: Been away for 3 years, asking a lot of questions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 22:43:52 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
Like where do the Bricklink folks get their parts?  I assume that they get
much of it directly from TLG.  Otherwise how could one come across so many
particular parts in such rare colors such as Maersk blue.

Aside from the tent sales, Pick-A-Brick is responsible for a lot of weird parts
showing up in huge quantities (like the little gems), particularly the
Pick-A-Brick at the Billund LEGOLAND park.

Also who "owns" Bricklink and Peeron?

Already answered...

And how many AFOL's are there in LUGNET?

Just one.  Me.  Everyone else is a result of Multiple Personality Disorder.
Including you, though you're not aware of it.  I've done a pretty good job of
keeping it secret until now, including hiring a huge staff of people to
represent my various personalities at public events like Brickfest (if you've
ever wondered why more people don't go, it's because of budgetary concerns).

Just kidding about that last part, of course...  ;P