 General / 48247
Re: Friday Surprise
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Sat, 26 Jun 2004 20:27:38 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Simmons wrote:
Hey Jake,

Please pass along our thanks to all those responsible for seeing this
through!  Oh, and also tell them:

IT'S ABOUT FREAKIN' TIME!!

heh, just kidding!  This is great news!  I've always lamented how regular
roof slopes are abundant, but the ridges and corners have always been
scarce, making it very difficult to do anything other than a simple barn
roof.

I agree with my co-respondents that the next step would be concave corners
and perhaps even some steep-slope convex corners!

Pretty please?  :-)

Dave

"Jake McKee" <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote in message
It's Friday and what better to celebrate than with...

[Roof Tiles (aka Slopes)]

Check out the <http://shop.lego.com/leaf.asp?cn=97&d=18&t=7&Type=4 new bulk>
items, available for pre-order now in the US, and now (or soon) in Europe!

Hopefully this will add a bit of happiness to an otherwise ordinary weekend :)

Jake

---¬
Jake McKee¬
Community Liaison¬
LEGO Community Development

Nice Surprise!

But it is only 9 out of 12 regular sloped brick styles in the regular roof brick
"system"....  What about the 2x2 gable connector, the 2x2 double concave and the
2x3 ridge bricks???  (Although this last one is not necessary.)  But I do like
the fact that you get 18 double convex slopes.  Boy this one would be great in
blue!!

Thanks Jake!

Gary Istok