 General / 48198
Re: notes within the set guides
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 00:03:06 GMT

In lugnet.general, Josh Baakko wrote:
I've noticed for some time that some people put some WASTEFUL notes about sets,

I've got some notes like that as well.  I think the reason it happens
(and the reason I did it) is that people want to make their collection
numbers public, but then they put their personal notes on the same line
as the public set numbers, instead of on the private one.  The way the
database interface is set up, that's the intuitive thing to do, but
that of course makes all of your comments public.  Also, in some cases,
people may want a note such as "MISB" to be public because they may
have listed that set as for sale, and want to indicate it's conidtion.
So there're are a couple reasons why the notes look like this.  Perhaps
an rearrangment or better descriptions of the fields on the database
pages could help with the first problem at least?

KDJ

LUGNETer #203, Ontario, Canada