 General / 48093
    Modified Lego and new uses for old pieces. —Gerhard R. Istok
   Although I don't condone modifying Lego, I have to say I don't discourage it either. One example that I use, is removing faces off of Minifig heads. A few alcohol wipes do nicely. I get some nice 1x1 fat round bricks this way. I have already (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jun-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Modified Lego and new uses for old pieces. —Niels Karsdorp
     (...) Modifying broken parts, which would otherwise stay useless, makes them useable again is something I've done, too. I've had a few 1x1 plates with lightclip where the lightclip broke off. The plates could be reused as normal 1x1 plates, the (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jun-04, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Modified Lego and new uses for old pieces. —Mark Bellis
     (...) I've done this with universal joints. The axle holders have a tendency to split, so I used some of the split ones to make shorter universal joints, for a Shay steam engine. I also cut up bent long technic axles to make shorter axles, of (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jun-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Modified Lego and new uses for old pieces. —Jeramy Spurgeon
   (...) A few of these have showed up lately in the designer sets ( and as early as 1997) (URL) (20 years ago, 14-Jun-04, to lugnet.general)