 General / 48092
Re: Lego WIndows Complaint (still)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 00:22:01 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Barnes wrote:
In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
In fact I am probably one of the few AFOLs that can build anything resembling a
decent skyscraper (with my "excessive" collection of classic Lego windows).

I have been playing with the transparent pieces, as opposed to windows, to make
skyscrapers.

99% of the parts for this building have come from S@H over the last couple of
months.

I think the results are ok for the common place "bland tall building" look.

JB

Well, I stand corrected!  Some of you folks did an excellent job, even with the
handicap of not having windows!  My hats of to you guys!

By the way, although I don't have a ready picture of my 35 story Esso Tower, or
25 story One Shell Plaza, I did find a picture of part of my 18 story office
tower (unnamed).  It is in the right hand side of my classical Lego Museum of
Art (an entry in Erik Wilson's Classic Architecture competiton about 4 years
ago):

http://itsa.ucsf.edu/~erikred/brick/classic/istok.html

The 18 story tower consists mostly of 1x3x2 and 1x4x2 red windows, with 8
classic red doors.

Gary Istok