 General / 48047
Re: New Color in Alpha Team
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 20:23:28 GMT

In lugnet.general, Arne Lykke Nielsen wrote:
Just bought set 4742, new Alpha Team Jet Ski. As afterburners, there's the
usual 1x1 round plates, but not in the usual transNEONorange, but a new> transDARKorange

I really wish trans-neon orange had never picked up the name "trans-orange",
since this shade of orange fits much more appropriately with the other five
basic transparent shades.  There are even two trans-neon shades that are
exclusive to the BIONICLE theme (trans-neon red and trans-neon yellow) that have
have been lumped in with trans-red and trans-yellow.  The only trans-neon shade
that probably shouldn't be listed as a neon/flourescent shade is the blue one,
since it barely glows under black-light and it's a dull greyish shade of blue
while the blue shade that actually looks flourescent is actually just a greenish
blue with absolutely no flourescent qualities.

at least I think it is new, I've never seen it before.

It's been available for just over a year now, but until now it has been
exclusive to the Clikits line.