 General / 48045
Re: Spiderman Building with all the black steep slopes...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 19:07:56 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
OK,

I looked for a Spiderman newsgroup, but couldn't find one (like Harry Potter and
Star Wars)....  I have one of those "Lego Magazines" that previews the new Harry
Potter and Spiderman sets.  In that magazine I found an interesting building
that Spiderman is swinging from.  Since I haven't seen the movie(s), I don't
know what the building is, but it has a "mansard" roof made of (20) 2x2x3 black
steep slopes, (6) 1x2x3 black steep slopes, and (4) 2x2x3 double convex (outside
corner) steep slopes.

The building also has a large round window (oculus) that has a "tic tac toe"
pattern in brown on the round clear window.

Any idea if this is going to be part of the Spiderman 2 sets?  If not, then TLC
certainly knows how to torture us.  Steep slopes in any quantity (in any one
set) are a rarity, especially in black.

Gary Istok

Hey Gary,

I saw the same photos you mentioned, and I am pretty sure they were made up just
for the magazine. I dont see those as being sets anytime soon. If you look real
close on the round window, you can see it is just strips of brown tape.

I know that the various Model shops have all of the steep slopes in the 10 basic
colors produced (regardless of if they have ever been in sets or not!).

But it was nice to see Lego bricks being used in the Club Magazine comics
instead of those awful drawn minifigs, they looked tlike they were melting...

Bill