 General / 47965
Re: Unknown part: Brick 2 x 4 with hole
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo
Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 2004 18:23:36 GMT

In lugnet.general, Martin Bruun wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Sven Reger wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Niels Karsdorp wrote:
   Among a lot of 2nd hand lego from the seventies (ca 1971 - 1977, no older bricks) I found a red 2x4 brick with a small hole in the top. The hole looks perfect, so I don’t think someone has drilled it in the brick. I could not find any reference about this brick on Peeron or BrickLink. I think this brick is used to fit a rope through so a child (or AFOL ;-) ) can drag a vehicle with that rope.

Niels

Hi Niels,

the brick was used in a Duplo set of the early 70s. I don’t know the set number, sorry. And you are on the right way. Put a rope through the brick and you can use this to pull a basic car. I can only offer you a german reference for this brick here:

http://www.festum.de/1000steine/service/faq/faq.php#herkunft-rtst2x4loch

I own one of these bricks too, it is not a fake or handmade by someone...

Sven

This is correct.

The girl on the box of set 513 is pulling a train with one of these bricks.

http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/1972/c72be/c72be-03.html

Martin

Thanx all,

The lot contained some 2x4 duplo bricks as well (only 2x4s). Including some white bricks, I didn’t know there were white duplo bricks back then. I never had much duplo when I was young, I guess I only had a small boat with a figure. My mother gave it away to a neighbour who got a baby. I remember those duplo plates with wheels (on the picture) from my pre-school. Hmmm, that must have been 25 years ago....

Niels