 General / 47958
Re: Unknown part: Brick 2 x 4 with hole
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo
Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 2004 17:36:05 GMT

In lugnet.general, Niels Karsdorp wrote:
Among a lot of 2nd hand lego from the seventies (ca 1971 - 1977, no older
bricks) I found a red 2x4 brick with a small hole in the top. The hole looks
perfect, so I don't think someone has drilled it in the brick.
I could not find any reference about this brick on Peeron or BrickLink.
I think this brick is used to fit a rope through so a child (or AFOL ;-) ) can
drag a vehicle with that rope.

Niels,
You are correct. That is a system-size brick that was used in early Duplo sets.
It had a rope attached that allowed the child to turn a Duplo wheeled base into
a pull toy. Here's a pic of the part:
That part has recently been added to the Peeron catalog, but doesn't show in any
inventories yet.
Hope that helps,
Clark