 General / 47957
  Unknown part: Brick 2 x 4 with hole

Among a lot of 2nd hand lego from the seventies (ca 1971 - 1977, no older bricks) I found a red 2x4 brick with a small hole in the top. The hole looks perfect, so I don't think someone has drilled it in the brick. I could not find any reference (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Unknown part: Brick 2 x 4 with hole

(...) Niels, You are correct. That is a system-size brick that was used in early Duplo sets. It had a rope attached that allowed the child to turn a Duplo wheeled base into a pull toy. Here's a pic of the part: (URL) part has recently been added to (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Unknown part: Brick 2 x 4 with hole

(...) Hi Niels, the brick was used in a Duplo set of the early 70s. I don't know the set number, sorry. And you are on the right way. Put a rope through the brick and you can use this to pull a basic car. I can only offer you a german reference for (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Unknown part: Brick 2 x 4 with hole

(...) This is correct. The girl on the box of set 513 is pulling a train with one of these bricks. (URL) Martin (20 years ago, 6-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Unknown part: Brick 2 x 4 with hole

(...) Thanx all, The lot contained some 2x4 duplo bricks as well (only 2x4s). Including some white bricks, I didn't know there were white duplo bricks back then. I never had much duplo when I was young, I guess I only had a small boat with a figure. (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, FTX)