 General / 47852
47851  |  47853
Subject:
BIP Updates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inst, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce
Date:
Mon, 24 May 2004 04:07:43 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

After a long hiatus in doing anything new with the Building Instructions Portal, I’m coming back! In the coming months, I’m going to be putting quite a bit of effort into re-writing the site’s code, and adding new functionality. So in preparation for that, I need to get some feedback from you.

BIP v.3
Planning for the next phase of the Building Instructions Portal is underway. But your help is needed. Do you have a suggestion? Idea for new functionality? Hope to see something there that you don’t see now?

Please let me know: Email BIP Webmaster.

BIP Forum
In order to help me better see and filter the feedback you will hopefully provide, I’ve set up a new BIP Forum specifically for issues surrounding the feature upgrades, bug reporting, and other BI related discussion. This is mostly to help me parse what will hopefully be LOTS of feedback from you all.

http://www.bricksonthebrain.com/forum

BIP volunteers
In an effort to keep the BIP as high quality as possible, several volunteers are needed. We need people to help with:
  • Evangelism: Helping to spread the word around the Web and the world about the BIP
  • Designers: To design for both Web (site redesign) and/or Print (flyers, T-shirts, etc.).
  • Moderators: For lending me a hand in keeping the content, polls, error checks, and more fresh and up to date.
Existing Stuff
Just a reminder as well - there is some newer stuff that’s lots of fun at the BIP:
And don’t forget, a building instruction comes in many forms, LDraw is but one of them. Photos, drawings, and textual descriptions can function as building instructions too! For that matter, the subject isn’t limited only to LEGO models either - instructions for building LEGO display

Thanks for your continual support and ongoing efforts that make the BIP such a terrific resource.

Jake

---
Jake McKee
Webmaster - BIP