 General / 47443
  Reasons for the color change

Like many others, I am curious about why the colors were changed. I am prepared to accept whatever answer is given, even if it is one that I don't think makes a good case for the change. Some of the reasons that have been given officially (correct (...) (20 years ago, 7-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Reasons for the color change

(...) I think the color change was made because TLC tries to cut production costs. Probably they now use recycled plastic to produce the bricks. They just didn't manage to reach the same color again within a reasonable effort. Grey is the most (...) (20 years ago, 7-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  The most invisible "good thinking" ever seen...

(...) Well, if there was good thinking involved, nobody managed to notice it so far. Did anyone see those hoards of kids streaming in the toy shops, screaming "YES! I want those new colours!!!"? If the reasons were that good, why don't they present (...) (20 years ago, 7-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Reasons for the color change

(...) Uh... What makes a company, thrustworthy? -Bryan (20 years ago, 7-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.pun)

  Re: Reasons for the color change

(...) Have people seen those boards they make out of recycled plastic for benches and stuff? What color do they have, with all those colors mixed in? A sort of bluish grey. It didn't occur to me at first how likely of an explanation this was. Not (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Reasons for the color change

(...) It would also be less expensive. Oh wait, that's probably what you meant by "cheaper". Something I found out last year about recycling plastic is exactly why the quality degrades so much each time it's recycled. Plastic is made of a bunch of (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Reasons for the color change

(...) In their opinion, reliability is demonstrated in public through not changing forward and back again just because some "whiners rant". By the way, did anybody around here consider writing to a newspaper? It wouldn't be a topic for the first (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.pun, lugnet.color)