 General / 47040
  Commissioned Sculpture Pricing Question...

Hi all, I've been commissioned to build a LEGO sculpture for the (URL) Air Zoo>, and I have no clue what to charge for my services. I'll be getting the whole thing (unglued) back afterwards, so I feel I can't charge full price for materials, and (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, FTX)

  Re: Commissioned Sculpture Pricing Question...

(...) First, congrats! I doubt the very few full time builders would tell you how much they'd charge, but if I were to be contacted, this is what I'd do: Charge 20-40% of the actual brick cost of the model. This cover deterioration of the price from (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, FTX)

  Re: Commissioned Sculpture Pricing Question...

(...) Here's a thought: do it for free. After all, this is a hobby and it sounds like it would be a fun event. The exposure and publicity would be a form of compensation too. Or, think of some alternative ways to make money with this event. How (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, FTX)

  Re: Commissioned Sculpture Pricing Question...

(...) Altho I respect the idea of doing it for free, if you decide that route be sure to make sure the Museum does re-imburse your expenses like gas, food, etc. Doing stuff for free is good, but doing it for expense (ie, you have to pay to be there) (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, FTX)

  Re: Commissioned Sculpture Pricing Question...

Thanks for the suggestions, guys; they helped a lot. We worked out a proper price today, so everybody's happy. Now, back to building... (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, FTX)