 General / 47044
Re: Commissioned Sculpture Pricing Question...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 15:09:36 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jeremiah VanderMark wrote:
   Hi all,

I’ve been commissioned to build a LEGO sculpture for the Kalamazoo Air Zoo, and I have no clue what to charge for my services. I’ll be getting the whole thing (unglued) back afterwards, so I feel I can’t charge full price for materials, and I’ll be spending a day (April 29th, for those who want to stop in) building it onsite, but again I don’t know what to charge.

Here’s a thought: do it for free. After all, this is a hobby and it sounds like it would be a fun event. The exposure and publicity would be a form of compensation too.

Or, think of some alternative ways to make money with this event. How large is your model of the GeeBee going to be? Could you make minifig-scale versions with LDrawn instructions that would be available for sale to museum attendees?

Just some thoughts.

-- Thomas Main thomasmain@myrealbox.com