 General / 46970
Re: New flesh tone mini-figs.....WTF?!?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 17:37:44 GMT

In lugnet.general, Steffan Davies wrote:
What do people think of these new flesh tone minifigs in the new HP and
Spiderman sets?

I wasn't too thrilled when I first heard that Lego was going to produce flesh
toned minifigs for the licensed themes, but decided to put off judgement until I
could see them "in the ABS". I now own two of the HP sets and all five of the
Spiderman System sets and can say that I actually prefer the flesh tones over
the yellow. Put side by side, the yellow minifigs look strange -  like they have
some sort of exotic disease. :)
     The only thing I question here is making this change in the middle of these
licenses. Having half of your HP or Star Wars minifigs in yellow and half in
flesh tones is going to look terrible.

Is Lego going to completely phase out the ye ol' classic yellow minifigs?

     I wouldn't be surprised if in 2-3 years all minifigs are produced in flesh
tones. At least I'm hoping they are.

Ken