 General / 46965
    Re: zemi.net —Anders Isaksson
   (...) Nice layout. Great models. Just a few buts (IMO): The thumbs are distorted, looks like the height/width ratio got lost when the thumbs were created? They are also rather small, it's not easy to see if I really want to look closer on a model or (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

        Re: zemi.net —Leonard Hoffman
     (...) Anders, You want to see it, whichever one you click. Click on them all. You won't be disappointed. _lenny (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

         Re: zemi.net —Anders Isaksson
     (...) I know :-) I was just speaking hypothetically... -- Anders Isaksson, Sweden BlockCAD: (2 URLs) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

        Re: zemi.net —Kyle Keppler
   (...) Well, that's because that is exactly what we did. Jon wanted small, square thumbs. Since they were so small we figured the distortion wouldn't be that bad, compared to simply clipping the image. (This is all automatic of course. So cropping on (...) (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

        Re: zemi.net —Bram Lambrecht
     (...) Most images are centered enough that cropping an eighth off either side won't clip a significant part of the picture. You could also do more abstract thumbs that use only a small portion of the image, but then you would need some descriptions (...) (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

        Re: zemi.net —Tony Hafner
     (...) Well sure... the distortion mostly isn't noticeable. If you can't tell what the pictures are showing, then what does it matter that they're horizontally squeezed? Many of your thumbs are not very helpful at actually determining what they take (...) (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

        Re: zemi.net —Anders Isaksson
   (...) I think that's where it went wrong. ALL the pictures I have looked at were wider than high, so all the thumbs are compressed sideways. Once you've noticed it, it's almost impossible to ignore... (...) noticeable? As I noticed it at once, yes, (...) (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)