 General / 46942
Re: <blog> I wonder... </blog>
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 2004 02:45:24 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tim Strutt wrote:
I was viewing Jake's pictures from LEGOLAND and the thought came to me,
"I wonder how the LEGOLAND Master Builders feel about the colour change?"
I mean, on one hand, they now have metallic looking greys, but on the
other hand, they are losing the earth-toned greys for buildings and
scenery. These pictures in particular got me thinking about this:
http://www.bricksonthebrain.com/photoblog/index.cfm?action=display&photo=287
http://www.bricksonthebrain.com/photoblog/index.cfm?action=display&photo=290
So then I started to wonder, if the Master Builders want to keep the
old colours, will LEGO keep providing them to them?
There's my BLOG for today.

Tim Strutt

Funny, these two are my favorite pictures of all (1). The effect produced by the
intricated pattern shown on the 2nd one is simply *amazing*. I think that these
two great creations speak by them selfs regarding the color issue: Without the
old grays this couldn't be done; the new dark gray doesn't look even close to
*real* wall patterns while the new light gray can't represent the stone very
well. Those were the days...

It's my believe TLC will still produce old colors, at least for these Master
Builders. Imagine if a building or a sculpture goes a little broken, then, they
will need *old* parts to repair it, won't they?

Paulo 'hoping this time old buildings will break a lot, so, who knows, TLC
brings old colors back...(2)' Renato

(1) Yeah, Jake's Lego room is cool too.

(2) No, this horse ain't dead yet!