 General / 46157
  Slope peices

Hi all, I've seen various models on Brickshelf which have nice roofs - one main roof with a perpendicular roof jutting out, joining neatly. I believe the correct term is "cross gable roof", but I'm not sure that's right. One such example is on this (...) (20 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Slope peices

(...) Rob, you might wanna check out the unofficial on-line LEGO marketplace - a.k.a. Bricklink (URL) (20 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Slope peices

Lego made this black slope brick pack about 4 years ago, that's why people have large numbers of them. However the "half pyramid" and "gable connector" are rarer. Let's hope they do another steep roof brick pack soon. -Erik (20 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Slope peices

"Rob Cunningham" <rob@bNcOmSePdAiMa.biz> schreef in bericht news:opr4gjhsjey2qix...net.com... (...) [snip] (...) boxes in the toystores in The Netherlands where you could get a bag with mixed pieces (picked out yourself). I think many Dutch (...) (20 years ago, 7-Mar-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Slope peices

(...) Among recent sets, the Knights Kingdom Vladek Megafig (URL) quite a number of these in black. Arne, Copenhagen (20 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Slope peices

(...) Thanks for that. I just spent a lot of money :-) I'd heard of Bricklink before but never investigated. Are there any issues I should be aware of when ordering from overseas shops (I live in the UK), such as import taxes or VAT? Thanks, Quboid (20 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Slope peices

(...) You should also check www.peeron.com. With Peeron you can search by 'part', allowing you to see which sets include a particular piece. This might be useful if you want to find out which bulk roof packs contain the slopes you are looking for. (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Slope peices

(...) You're just a few years too late to cash in on the best source of most of those slopes, the black roof bricks pack as mentioned by Erik: (URL) triple slope (peak) has appeared in several sets in small quantities: (URL) double/inverted (peak) (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Slope peices

(...) made in Blue and Red. It was discontinued in the 1970's or earlier. You can achieve a similar look by combining parts 3048, 3049 and any 45 roof peak (3041-3044). Clark (20 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Slope peices

I've neer had problems with any of it, and with the high pound / low doller, its great :) Bob Clough (...) (20 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.general)