 General / 45904
Re: Not Pinewood Derby Cars!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 04:51:39 GMT

LOL.....having just taken down the section of Pinewood Derby Track that had been
set up in my living room......

Actually, my own kids (and numerous friends) have done just this on their own.
With the first few sections of the Pinewood Track (an aluminum surfaced one -
quite high tech) set up in my living room so Cubbies can try out their cars
after construction (no racing allowed), it didn't take long before my own kids
were racing Lego creations down the track.  Of course it helps if you have tons
of Technic parts and wheels on hand for creations.

This was actually taken further on a more formal basis.  I've brought in some of
the track sections to school and the class has built various cars out of Legos
to see the difference in wheel size, weight, etc. - part of "Motion and
movement. However, it is a bit of a pain to cart the track sections around (7-8'
long).

Note, it pays to have an understanding wife.......

John H.